Nowadays, everyone prefers to invest in luxury hotels, but they don’t have any idea about hotel real estate. Moreover, it isn’t easy to find information related to hotel investment on the internet because the available one is mainly too old or incomplete.
So, if you have ended up on this page because you are planning to invest in a hotel or you are already investing in hotel real estate but looking for some answers. I would like to address that you are at the right place. In this article, you will indeed find all the answers that too in detail.
The key points that we will cover in this article are:
- Types of Hotels
- What Drives Hotel Success
- Key Considerations When Investing in a Hotel
Types of Hotels
Hotels are categorized into different types because of the services or amenities they are offering to the customers. The types are as following:
- Full-Service Hotels: It is a kind that offers more than luxury to the guests. They have so much to offer, from spa to retail shops, restaurants, and so on. These are the hotels that rely on huge staff. The hotels that fall in this category are Four Seasons, H&S hotels project Lahore, and Marriot’s.
- Select-Service Hotels: It is a category that falls between full and limited-service hotels. You can say they have the touch of both kinds. The typical examples of these hotels are Hotel Indigo and Courtyard.
- Limited-Service Hotels: It is a kind of hotel that doesn’t have banquet facilities or restaurants. But such hotels have other amenities like swimming pools, a gym area and so on. Hampton Inn is one of the best examples of this type.
- Extended Stay Hotels: The type that provides temporary residency services to families or individuals who are about to relocate or those who are on a land business trip. Such hotels have large rooms that have a kitchen and living space. You even get a discount if the stay is longer. Also these hotels are generally pet-friendly. They take a pet fee ranging from $25 per night to a $75 flat fee, which you sometimes get back if there isn’t any damage upon checkout.
- Budget Hotels: These are the hotels that are available at an affordable price. It is the reason the amenities offered by these hotels are also limited.
What Drives Hotel Success?
Two types of consumers increase the demand of any hotel: tourists and business travelers. The tourists mainly book the hotels on weekends, as these are the best days for them to travel. On the other hand, business travelers increase the demand on weekdays.
The increase in demand also connects with the seasonal holidays or if there is an event happening nearby. So, as a hotel investor, you must have an idea about all this to succeed in the market.
Key Considerations When Investing in a Hotel
Those who are fortunate enough that they can make a hotel investment are about to begin a memorable venture of their life. It is a time that brings excitement but at the same time stress, as the process requires time, effort, and money. But once the business gets successful, it benefits the person in so many ways.
The points an individual need to consider when investing in a hotel are:
Choose a Prime Location
The location is the key, as it is the only way to get the attention of the guest. The area that is too far from the country and where there is no availability of facilities isn’t liked by the guests. They prefer to book a room in a hotel that isn’t far from amazing destinations. So, whenever they feel tired, they can come back to their room and take a rest. Also, the availability of good shops and hospitals must be around.
So before investing in a hotel, ensure the location has all this around. Yes, the land in such areas might be more expensive than usual, but it is all worth it in the end.
Work, Work, Work, and More Work
Hard work is the key to success in this business. A person must know about the latest hotel market trends. Remember, people always get attracted to the things that have something unique to offer. So, before investing, ensure everything is well-planned. As no one likes the fact that the considerable investment will go to waste just because of lack of planning or hard work. Take advice from an expert if you want.
Unforgettable Guest Experience
In the hospitality business, ignoring the comfort of the guests isn’t a good move. Whether the guest stays in a hotel for a day or for an entire week, they shouldn’t forget about their experience. Just ensure the memories that you have are positive.
Now that you know about the basics, it is time to make a move. Before taking any step , keep in mind these points, and then it will be rare for you to make a financial mistake.