Be it a kitchen of a restaurant, hotel, canteen or a dhaba, installation of efficient kitchen equipment is highly essential for strengthening the business. Restaurant cooking equipment includes everything from countertop deep fryers to full-sized cooking ranges. Efficient cooking equipment forms the backbone of an activefood outlet.
Commercial kitchen equipment includes commercial fryers,pizza ovens, cooking ranges, microwaves, toasters, food warming equipment, and much more.These appliances either run on electricity or gas. Mass scale cooking is carried out in the kitchens of hotels, resorts, corporate offices, hospitals, embassies, armed forces, educational institutions, and other establishments.
These establishments require the installation of highly advanced kitchen equipment. Before employing any kitchen equipment, an establishment should ensure that it is in compliance with the safety codes laid down by the industry.
The energy efficient and high-performance kitchen equipment is highly preferred by the chefs. These appliances should be easy to operate and maintain. They should function in such a way that the production can be maximized and running cost can be minimized. The commercial kitchen equipment’s manufacturers should work with their clients to find solutions to their specific kitchen needs.
Points to be considered while employing commercial kitchen equipment-
- A commercial kitchen should incorporate the multi-purpose appliances that can prepare various types of cuisines in a jiffy
- It must be ensured that the equipment is energy efficient and does not lead to excessive operating cost
- The equipment should be able to prepare a bulk quantity of food in the minimum time possible.
- In the case of ovens and microwaves, it must be assured that the equipment heats the food evenly. The food should not remain partially cooked after the completion baking or heating process.
- In the case of refrigerators and chillers, it must be assured that the food stored in it remains fresh for a long period of time. It should be able to freeze the food evenly.
- The kitchen equipment should be made up of such material that is resistant to corrosion and rust like stainless steel, etc.
- The equipment should be easy to clean, as cooking involves the build-up of a considerable amount of debris, oil, and grease.
The entities engaged in offering commercial kitchen equipment should deliver them in a sturdy packing material, to avoid the chances of mishandling during the transit. Thus, employment of superior kitchen equipment leads to better services to the customers and efficient functioning of the establishment.