Mauritius, a small island in the Indian Ocean, is a tropical paradise where everyone can find rest and liking. Without exaggeration. Proof of? It is here that year after year, the first persons of France and world stars – very sophisticated by the luxury of their personality – are traveling for an exceptionally magical rest. Fans of modern parties and diversity also strive here. And here is also a Mecca for diving, spearfishing, windsurfing and kite-hunting enthusiasts.
the widest variety of pastime options!
1) For lovers of lazy holidays – perfect relaxation and solitude combined with impeccable Mauritian service and delights of gourmet cuisine in the best hotels
2) For active tourists – free use of many water and surface sports and entertainment: tennis, boating with a transparent bottom, water skiing and water bicycles, windsurfing, snorkelling
3) For lovers of a healthy lifestyle – cooking from environmentally friendly products in the tradition of adapted French cuisine, lots of greenery and fruit, Ayurvedic programs, spa treatments, yoga, health improvement in the cleanest oceanic climate
4) For families with children – in each resort there are children’s clubs with a wide range of entertainment and educational programs, in restaurants there is a children’s menu. Many hotels have family rooms or discounts to accommodate children in a separate room from their parents. There are educational tours for children of any age in safari parks.
5) For honeymooners and couples – the solitude and romance of a distant island in the ocean, as well as significant discounts all year round. They reach a maximum from May to September, when in many hotels the bride is accommodated for FREE. All hotels have beautifully designed “Wedding packages” with wedding ceremonies at very reasonable prices.
6) For lovers of excursions outside the resorts, you can “include a variety of programs”:
– natural-cognitive: seven-colored sands of Chamarel, Pamplemoussebotanical garden, craters of a long extinct volcano, day cruises on yachts and catamarans
– cultural and historical excursions: old plantation estates with fully preserved pieces of furniture and life, sugar and tea museums, historical bastions and forts, temples of various religious denominations (Catholic cathedrals, Buddhist and Tamil temples, Chinese pagodas)
– adventure tourism: walks on quadracycles through the mountains and virgin tropics in private hunting grounds, canuping or zip-line
– for shoppers: good textiles and knitwear, gorgeous South African diamonds at prices much lower than in Europe, models of old ships, etc.
7)Extreme in the ocean: deep-sea fishing for tuna, marlin, swordfish, dorado, etc. Fish can be caught all year round, but the peak season is from the end of November to the end of April
Mauritius Island Hotels – World Fame
In most hotels in Mauritius, the vast territory is immersed in the greenery of a luxurious tropical park and extends along one or more beaches. The resorts located in the south-west of the country are located at the foot of low steep mountains or charming hills.
The hotels in the west and southeast offer picturesque views of the bizarre mountains that look like theatrical scenery. Add to this the bright colors of Mauritius: the emerald green of vegetation, the turquoise of the oceanic lagoon, the blue-violet sky with fast-moving clouds and the colorfulcolors of bushes and trees blooming all year round … have you started planning your trip to this far island in the Indian Ocean? If so, then you will help the tour operator company travel-essence, which has direct contracts with all hotels in Mauritius and provides the selection of a hotel and speed of response.
Kitchen in Mauritius
The multinational composition of the population entails a variety of restaurants, both by type of cuisine and by price. Actually Mauritian modern cuisine is based on rice, which serves meat, fish and savory sauces and seasonings. These local restaurants are cheap: about $11 per person for a lunch of 2-3 dishes, but rarely attract wealthy European tourists. Therefore, with the most visited shopping centers they are restaurants with Japanese, Chinese, Indian or French cuisine.
However, the best restaurants in Mauritius – with expensive hotels. Their chefs are usually Europeans with the highest skill levels. In luxury hotels, up to 70% of products are delivered from Paris. Cooks compete in ingenuity, turning these and Mauritian products into delicacies that delight the eyes and stomach. Taste delights are combined with an aesthetic serving of dishes, and the process of eating becomes a delight … Especially famous are the gourmet restaurants in Saint-Geran, (the chef Ducasse has a Michelin category), Le Tuessrock, Royal Palm, Oberoi, Prince Maurice, Dinarobin, Maradiva, Le Telfair and Residence. All hotels simultaneously offer cuisines from around the world, from two to five.
The range of alcoholic beverages is not inferior to culinary achievements. All restaurants offer a wide selection of wines from around the world, including collection wines, as well as local rum varieties. In the hotels of 5 * and 5 * luxe, it is customary to serve champagne for breakfast
SPA centers – a highlight of relaxation
The culture of therapeutic and health massage exists in Mauritius from the time when immigrants from India and Ceylon appeared there. Treatment with saline, mineral and fresh water, mud, clay, sea salt, coastal silt, sedimentary rocks, natural cosmetics – all these are the components of the SPA-services of the island of Mauritius. To attract an exclusive clientele, almost all 4 * – 5 * hotels have created their own SPA centers, the architecture and dimensions of which are impressive! Massage pavilions, pools and outdoor jacuzzi, gazebos for relaxing after the procedures are surrounded by the greenery of tropical gardens.
Exotic massage, soothing meditative music, intoxicating aromas – this has become an integral part and hallmark of club hotels. It offers aninclusivechoice of body and face treatments: relaxing and sports massages, several types of saunas and steam rooms, hydrotherapy, Ayurveda, yoga, wraps. In the beauty salons work the best masters who use the latest cosmetic innovations of such world famous brands as La Prairie (in The Residence), Givenchy (in Le Touessrok and One & Only Le Saint Geran), Clarins (in hotels of the Beachcomber chain), Guerlain (Prince Maurice) , Six Senses (Le Telfair, Four Seasons).
Wedding tours and honeymoon on the island of Mauritius
If you plan to rush off with your loved one, to celebrate your marriage in an exotic secluded corner of the globe – think about the island of Mauritius. Marriage concluded in Mauritius is recognized in all countries of the world. The wedding ceremonyis held according to the rules in the presence of an official of the Bureau of Registration from the Mayor’s Office and witnesses, after which the Marriage Certificate or similar document is issued, but without official power. The preliminary formalities are relatively since they require the translation of several necessary documents into English or French with notarized certification and their transfer in scanned form to Mauritius in no less than a month. These challenges will help you cope managerstravel-essence. Book Mauritius Best Luxury Family Holidays.
The cost of a wedding in combination with a honeymoon trip is much less than a wedding in the presence of relatives and friends at home, and the impressions are brighter, so many European young couples gladly escape from all to Mauritius. The location of the procedure is chosen by the newlyweds: on the beach, barefoot … or in the gazebo, decorated with exotic flowers and garlands … or on a special area in the middle of the swimming pool with lighting. As a rule, the minimum requested set of wedding services: bridal bouquet, wedding cake and sparkling wine, a few photos, a romantic candlelit dinner on the beach. But if imagination and financial opportunities are not limited, you can organize a wedding on a small uninhabited island of Two Cocos (Ile des Deux Cocos), in the charming old residence of one of the former governors of Mauritius, instead of a friendly feast, invite a local jazz band, a group of Sega dancers in national attire or an African show and fire eaters. Price range from about 800 to 5,00 USD.
The wedding boom in Mauritius starts in May and ends in October. This coincides with the Mauritian “winter”, when seasonal discounts are maximum, and additional discounts for newlyweds reach 50%. But the price reduction does not affect the main advantages of a year-round resort, famous for its wonderful hotels, high level of service and an individual approach to its guests.
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU IN OUR TRAVEL COMPANY TO HELP TO ORGANIZE YOUR INDIVIDUAL LEISURE IN THE INDIAN OCEAN – THE MAURITIUS ISLAND!